Collogel is a purely water soluble, non oily, clear, odourless gel. It is composed of highly purified Type-1 collagen from Bovine source.
Mechanism of Action :
- Collagen is known for its wound healing properties by aiding cellular activity and providing an organised matrix
- in the skin.
- Provides moisture to the wound bed, preventing dehydration of granulation tissue.
- Decreases wound surface contamination.
- Being transparent gel it facilitates direct monitoring of the wound.
- Collogel is used for the management of wounds including :
- Bed sore, dermal lesions, First degree burns , Donor sites,Stretch Marks and Scar management.
Directions for Use :
- Throughly cleanse the wound with sterile saline
- Apply the Gel as a thin layer as required to cover the entire wound.
- Cover it with appropriate secondary dressing if necessary.
- Avoid patients hyper sensitive to Collagen.
- Do not freeze the tube.
- It is for external Use only and not for surgical implantation.
Availability : It is available in 30g Collapsible tubes.
Storage : Store at ambient room temperature not exceeding 40oC