is a soft resorbable collagen Matrices engineered from highly purified type-1 collagen derived from bovine source.
The Material is easily cut with scissors or scalpel to meet the needs of the surgeon. Coloplug is Non-pyrogenic and is provided sterile for single use only.
After extraction blood normally clots in the socket and from a protective barrier for bone and nerve ends. In some cases this can be washed away and leave the vital areas exposed for food, liquid and other foreign matter in the oral cavity.
This can lead to infection and severe pains for 5-6 days. The patient also have very bad breath.
Uusing coloplug in the extraction site directly at the extraction time can radically minimise the risk of dry socket since this forms a protective lid during the so important healing period.
Features of coloplug :
Application areas :
- Can be easily trimmed during surgery for a custom fit.
- Can be wetted with saline or blood from the local site.
- Resorbs as connective tissue grows into and through the collagen.
- Provide containment of graft material in its intended position.
- Extraction sites.
- 4-wall sockets.
- Biopsy sites.
- Oral hemostatic applications.
- The pore size of the plug allow to absorb fluid and blood at the defect site.
- Due to collagen fibers coloplug have intrinsic hemostatic properties for the control of bleedling.
- It also protects the wound bed and accelerates the healing process.
- Absorbed in 10 to 12 days.
- Provides matrix for tissue in growth.
8 x 20 mm, 12x20mm