Colloskin-M Sterile Wet Collagen Sheet in Meshed Form . Usage On Exuding/ Infected Burns and Wounds for Easy Drainage of the Fluid. Colloskin-M use has been widely accepted for biological wound dressing especially for burns. It is highly effective for patients including those with HIV and hepatitis infections.
- Ideal for Non-infective 2nd degree burns,
- Superficial & deep dermal burns
- For 3rd Degree burns as a temporary cover
- Traumatic loss of skin cover.
- Temperary wound cover in major open fracture wound
- Skin donor sites
- Throughly clean and denude areas to eliminate external contamination.
- Throughly debride infected wound.
- Take out the collagen sheet from the preserving medium and squeeze it to remove the excess preserving medium adhered to the Colloskin –M.
- Take a trough and fill it with sterile saline water and rinse the Colloskin –M throughly 2-3 times to remove the alcohol (preserving medium).
- Apply the sheet firmly on the wound and remove the air bubbles trapped if any for effective adhesion.
- For best results avoid second dressing over Colloskin –M.
- As epitheliasation occurs, Colloskin –M sheet peels off.
- Colloskin –M promotes healthy granulation in deep wounds for early grafting.
- Repeated dressing not required unless Colloskin –M is rejected due to underlying pus or complication.
- For skin donor sites, Colloskin –M must be applied after achieving satisfactory hemostasis.
- For chronic skin ulcers, 2 to 3 applications of Colloskin-M or more in 2-3 day intervals must be repeated after thorough cleaning each time, thus enhancing healing.
- In cases where the adhered Colloskin-M has to be removed from the wound, a saline, moist pad can be applied over Colloskin –M for a few minutes to facilitate easy removal.
Widely accepted for biological wound dressing especially for burns
- Single application on clean wounds.
- Prevents infection
- Instant pain relief
- Quick and firm adherence
- Allows skin to breath
- Preserves local heat
- Stimulates healthy granulation
Sizes available : 5 x 5 cms, 10 x 10cms, 10 x 25cms, 15 x 30 cms